2301 Marsh Lane Plano, TX 75093 US
Monday - Friday
Pick your own shift
Reputable Day surgery center in Plano TX is seeking a Surgical Tech with experience in Orthopedics and Spine.
- Performs responsibilities for preparing the operating room and sterile field for surgical procedures and anticipating the needs of the OR surgical team.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the surgical procedure performed and sets up instruments, and equipment using sterile technique.
- Refers to physician preference cards for special needs, instrumentation, and equipment in a proactive manner. Notes and updates cards according to updated physician needs.
- Assures surgical equipment, instruments, and supplies are available and in working order before procedure starts.
- Assists with counting sponges, needles, supplies, and instruments with the registered nurse circulator prior to patient entering the room.
- Performs the following at the sterile field- passes supplies, equipment, or instruments; sponges and suctions operative site; prepares and cuts suture; transfers and pours irrigation fluids; transfers but does not administer drugs; handles specimens; holds retractors and other instruments; applies electrocautery to clamps on bleeders; connects drains to suction; applies dressings to closed wounds.
- Anticipates needs of the surgical team based on knowledge of human anatomy and pathophysiology and how they relate to the procedure.
- Always maintain a sterile field.
- Presents actively in the room upon patient entering the OR suite, scrubbed in, or assists the OR team with positioning the patient prior to draping.
- Assists in correctly applying sterile drapes.
- Assists the surgical team with cleaning the operating room on completion of surgery.
- leans and prepares instruments for sterilization on completion of surgery.
- Returns or discards any unused supplies and instrumentation in their designated areas after completion of surgical procedure(s).
- Returns equipment to storage areas.
- Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
Compliance with attendance policy.
- Performs other duties as needed or required for facility success.
Qualifications & Education:
- NBSTSA, CORT, or CST required
- BLS required
- 1-3 years of experience in surgical setting
- 2-3 years of ortho and spine highly preferred
- medical, dental and vision. Basic life, LTD and STD are company paid.
Meet Your Recruiter
Clinical Recruitment Manager
Mirielle has always known that the healthcare industry was where she was meant to be. She graduated from Texas A&M in 2014 with a BS in Kinesiology. Post grad, she went on to further her education and became a Registered Dental Hygienist. However, she felt that her calling was to reach more medical professionals – which brought her to medical recruiting. She loves building and maintaining relationships with candidates and clients in order to find the perfect match for everyone. Mirielle stays active with volunteering for an animal rescue and spending time with her husband, dog and family & friends!