1935 Medical District Drive Dallas, TX 75235 US
13 week contract
11:00am - 9:00pm
- Provide proficient skills for surgical services by demonstrating proficiency in the delivery of skills in all of basic services. This includes, but is not limited to: Pediatrics, ENT, General, Ortho and Neuro.
- He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
- Prepare the operating room for surgical procedure by ensuring that surgical equipment are functioning properly and safely Prepare the sterile field for the surgical procedure by securing sterile supplies, instruments, and equipment based on the surgeons preference cards
- Sets up sterile field with instruments, supplies and equipment. Helps in draping the sterile field.
- Passes supplies, equipment, or instruments. Sponging or suctioning an operative site.
- Prepares and cuts suture material.
- Transfers and pours irrigation fluids.
- Labels intraoperative medications according to policy and transfers those medications within the sterile field.
- Handles specimens.
- Holds retractors and other instruments.
- Applies electrocautery to clamps on bleeders.
- Connects drains to suction apparatus.
- Applies dressings to closed wounds. Assists in counting sponges, needles, suppllies, and instruments within the registered nurse circulator.
- Maintains the highest standard of sterile technique during the surgical procedure. This includes monitoring the situation which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Participates in the surgical time out to include proper review of the surgical consent, proper identification of the patient, and in understanding and acknowledgment of the patient allergies as they relate to potential medications to be given in the surgical field.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization upon completion of the surgery.
- Assists the surgical team with cleaning of the operating room on completion of the surgery and prepares for the next scheduled procedure
Required: At least 2 year of previous experience. High School Diploma or equivalent. American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR/BLS (AED) certification. Current Surgical Technologist certification issued by an approved organization.
Must have pediatric experience!
Quick Apply on line or call Mirielle at 972-534-0020 ext 109
Meet Your Recruiter
Clinical Recruitment Manager
Mirielle has always known that the healthcare industry was where she was meant to be. She graduated from Texas A&M in 2014 with a BS in Kinesiology. Post grad, she went on to further her education and became a Registered Dental Hygienist. However, she felt that her calling was to reach more medical professionals – which brought her to medical recruiting. She loves building and maintaining relationships with candidates and clients in order to find the perfect match for everyone. Mirielle stays active with volunteering for an animal rescue and spending time with her husband, dog and family & friends!