Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
3330 Prescott Rd Alexandria, LA 71301
We are looking for highly trained Respiratory Therapists for a premiere healthcare facility in Alexandria, LA. The RRT is responsible for the pulmonary care of critical, non-critical, and chronically ill adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients under the direction of a physician with minimal supervision. This is a 13 week contract starting 4/22.
- Performs patient assessments and institutes respiratory care plans. Performs carious technical and diagnostic respiratory therapy procedures in all areas of the hospital.
- Documents therapies into Care Manager.
- Gives and receives verbal report on patients at shift change.
- Receives verbal orders from physicians and writes on order sheet by using JCAHO standard. Verbal orders verified.
- Performs assessments and evaluations, charts progress of patients, and documents order changes on patient' s chart.
- Enters changes and discontinuances in Cardex.
- Proper use of Pyxis supply.
- Attends interdisciplinary/discharge-planning meeting.
- Chart checks done per shift. Checks, signs and dates patient MAR with time given for each therapy given.
- Evaluates patient progress and records appropriately on chart.
- Documents all blood gases on downtime sheet when computer is down. Also records these ABG' s on log sheet.
- Medication Pyxis: A tutorial is completed on the correct procedure for using the medication Pyxis.
- Reports and documents critical value read back (CVRB) on all critical blood gas reports.
- Completion of an AMA accredited Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Licensed by the National Board of Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Licensed by the State of Louisiana
- Maintain current BLS certification
- 2 current years of RRT experience
Clinical Recruitment Manager
As the Clinical Recruitment Manager for CornerStone Medical, Erica provides a custom, specialized candidate experience while making her hiring managers needs a top priority. After attending the University of New Mexico, where she focused on business administration, she learned the art of recruiting to help people obtain their dream career by linking them with premier facilities.
Erica has over ten years of recruitment and staffing experience, with the last six years focused on healthcare. She has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies including, IBM where she was responsible for staffing the United Healthcare account, before becoming a corporate recruiter for Cornerstone Healthcare Group. While at CHG she was responsible for clinical, allied health, administrative and executive level positions for 26 acute care facilities nationwide.