Remote HCC Coder
10101 Woodloch Forest Dr The Woodlands, TX 77380 US
Temp to Hire
Monday – Friday
CornerStone Medical is looking for a Certified Medical Coding Specialist to work remotely for one of our fortune 500 companies.
**Must have HCC experience!**
**Must have Risk Adjustment experience!**
- Abstracts clinical information from a variety of medical records and assigns appropriate ICD 9 CM and/or CPT codes to patient records according to established procedures.
- Abstracts relevant clinical and demographic information from the medical record to assign current ICD-10 and CPT codes in accordance with coding and reimbursement guidelines.
- Analyzes, enters and manipulates database, confirms appropriate DRG assignments.
Knowledge in ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding required.
- Identifies eligible HCCs (Hierarchal Condition Coding) when appropriate in relation to -provided guidelines, with minimal error, based on provider documentation
- Provides clear communication, with the ability to Identify and report quality concerns and errors. Able to query providers when appropriate.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 7+ years of outpatient coding experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of HCC coding
- Excellent knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT Coding Systems required
- Must be well versed in handling PHI.
- CPC and CRC certification from the American Academy of Professional Coders or AHIMA REQUIRED
- Oncology experience preferred
- Must be able to work remote and have dedicated space for workstation and high speed internet in place
- Must be able to be on camera during the day for all meetings
- Will be required to come on site for monthly meeting (if in region) and special training when needed inspections
- Must be able to join all training, meetings and conversations with coworkers and management online with laptop camera and audio on.
- Competitive pay
- Weekly pay – every Friday!
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Quick and easy start process
**MUST PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREENING
Quick apply online or call Mirielle directly at 972-534-0020 ext 109
Meet Your Recruiter
Clinical Recruitment Manager
Mirielle has always known that the healthcare industry was where she was meant to be. She graduated from Texas A&M in 2014 with a BS in Kinesiology. Post grad, she went on to further her education and became a Registered Dental Hygienist. However, she felt that her calling was to reach more medical professionals – which brought her to medical recruiting. She loves building and maintaining relationships with candidates and clients in order to find the perfect match for everyone. Mirielle stays active with volunteering for an animal rescue and spending time with her husband, dog and family & friends!