Registered Nurse- OR Circulator
2301 Marsh Lane Plano, TX 75093 US
Monday - Friday
Pick your own shift
Reputable Day surgery center in Plano TX is seeking an Operating Room Nurse Circulator ( RN OR Circulator) with experience in Orthopedics and Spine.
- Supervises and directs patient care in the individual operating or procedure rooms
- Performs all circulating duties with efficiency and speed
- Ensure patient’s emotional, physical and psychological needs are met
- Ensures that proper techniques and practices are used according to accepted standards of practice.
- Supervises and assists scrub technician as necessary
- Ensures care of patient through proper identification, checking of chart, and reporting of changes in condition
- Assists in control and maintenance of supplies and equipment
- Assists the anesthesiologist/CRNA as necessary
- Documents all nursing care delivered concisely, precisely, and accurately on all records or documents as indicated by policy.
- Performs other nursing duties as assigned
- Maintains established policies and procedures for the department and facility
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and Center related business
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with patients, families, visitors and other Center employees
- Participates in Quality Assessment and compliance activities as directed for the continuous improvement of patient care and Center business
- Understands and maintains clinical competencies (general, age specific and medication administration)
- Ability to adequately assess, diagnose, plan and implement nursing interventions and evaluate patient condition
- Compliance with continuing and mandatory education programs
- Practices nursing within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act and accepts responsibility and accountability for own actions
- Possesses appropriate communication skills to practice collaborative nursing
- Ability to respond quickly, physically and mentally when priorities and /or the patient’s condition changes
- Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice
- Performs other duties as needed or required
- Sets up room properly for surgical procedures, seeing that all necessary and requested equipment is available.
- Provides an accurate care and handling of specimens.
- Inventories all supplies throughout procedure.
- Responsible for initial, relief and final counts.
- 2 years of experience with Orthopedics and Spine Surgery REQUIRED
- BSN or ASN
- Active RN license for Texas
- Required BLS, ACLS, PALS
- medical, dental and vision. Basic life, LTD and STD are company paid.
Meet Your Recruiter
Clinical Recruitment Manager
Mirielle has always known that the healthcare industry was where she was meant to be. She graduated from Texas A&M in 2014 with a BS in Kinesiology. Post grad, she went on to further her education and became a Registered Dental Hygienist. However, she felt that her calling was to reach more medical professionals – which brought her to medical recruiting. She loves building and maintaining relationships with candidates and clients in order to find the perfect match for everyone. Mirielle stays active with volunteering for an animal rescue and spending time with her husband, dog and family & friends!