Registered Nurse- Med Surg
Santa Fe, NM 87505 US
Registered Nurse Med-Surg
13 Week Travel contract
36 hours guaranteed weekly
Med-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions.
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
• Provide bedside care for a variety of patients
• Develop individualized patient assessments and an individualized POC accordingly
• Prepare, administers, and records prescribed medications
• Record patient s medical information and vital signs
• Monitor, interprets, and records electronic displays
• Initiate alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
• Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
• Prepare equipment and assists physician during examination/ treatment of patient
• Exhibit understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
• Record all care information accurately and completely
• Provide support to patient and family members
• Perform other positions related duties as assigned
- 2+ years of experience and previous travel
- Licensure/Certification Required: Louisiana Nursing License
Meet Your Recruiter
Clinical Recruitment Manager
Tez has been with CornerStone Medical since November 2017. He has spent ten years in the healthcare industry, the last two years as a healthcare recruiter. He developed skills for recruiting, training and managing pipelines of 10-50 clinicians at a time while working for Fortune 500 companies. He also gained experience working multiple verticals within the healthcare industry such as allied health, clinical and non-clinical.
As the Clinical Recruitment Manager, his main objective is to locate talented clinicians who are amazing at what they do and match them with their dream jobs. He serves his candidates to the best of his ability, always going the extra mile to locate the best career opportunities in the marketplace. He once even brought a can of gas to a travel nurse stuck on the side of the road on the FIRST day of her assignment!
Tez graduated from Northwestern State University in Louisiana with a Bachelor of Science.