Registered Nurse- Bariatric
2000 Canal Street New Orleans, LA 70112
Registered Nurse- Bariatric
7: 30am-4: 00pm
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives by contributing to data collection, analysis, and taking the appropriate actions to improve performance.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients, friends and families.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient' s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division' s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care in the (EHR) Electronic Health Record
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Valid Louisiana license or temporary permit to practice professional nursing
American Heart Association Basic Life Support-HCP
2 years nursing experience in an ambulatory care setting or physician office, preferred
Call Tez Williams at 972-534-0020 ext 105
Assignment Length: 10 Weeks
Shift Start: 7: 30 AM Shift End: 4: 00 PM
Will you accommodate blocked scheduling? No
Weekend Requirement: no
Floating Requirement / Locations: no
Years Experience Required: 2
EMR Used: Epic
Dress Code (business professional, business casual, scrub color, etc.): navy blue
Meet Your Recruiter
Clinical Recruitment Manager
Tez has been with CornerStone Medical since November 2017. He has spent ten years in the healthcare industry, the last two years as a healthcare recruiter. He developed skills for recruiting, training and managing pipelines of 10-50 clinicians at a time while working for Fortune 500 companies. He also gained experience working multiple verticals within the healthcare industry such as allied health, clinical and non-clinical.
As the Clinical Recruitment Manager, his main objective is to locate talented clinicians who are amazing at what they do and match them with their dream jobs. He serves his candidates to the best of his ability, always going the extra mile to locate the best career opportunities in the marketplace. He once even brought a can of gas to a travel nurse stuck on the side of the road on the FIRST day of her assignment!
Tez graduated from Northwestern State University in Louisiana with a Bachelor of Science.