Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Acute
2000 Canal Street New Orleans, LA 70112
Registered Nurse- RN Med/Surg-Acute Medicine- NEW Unit
Large Flagship State of the Art Hospital In New Orleans
Direct Placement 5 Day shift openings
The purpose of the job is to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care based on standards of care and the policies. The RN/Staff Nurse delegates to professional and non-professional personnel involved in the delivery of patient care.
- Facilitates and maintains a safe environment for patients and others. Performs the priority technical procedures required by the area/department/assignment safely, effectively, efficiently, and legally.
- Uses the nursing process to deliver patient care. Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care activities based on the following: acuity of the need, resource availability, customer/patient preference/request, and other departmental needs. Exhibits problem recognition and management in indicating actual risk to the individual' s health, initiates action to correct, reduce or prevent the risk.
- Gives a rationale for actions or decisions based on one or more of the following: scientific principles/logic, successful experience, intuition, and/or standards of practice/protocols.
- Develops a plan of care for assigned patients and/or revises based on effectiveness, efficiency, and/or patient feedback.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to identify actions to improve patient care. Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to perform effectively or safely independently.
- Uses interpersonal-communication strategies with individuals to achieve desirable/acceptable outcomes/responses and the perception of satisfaction by those involved. Uses internal and/or external resources to resolve and/or prevent problems that cannot be managed independently.
- Facilitates continuity of patient care. Initiates and/or maintains interventions including medication management and patient education to assure continuity of safe, effective care for patients.
- Complies with established hospital/departmental and personnel policies. Documents consistent with established guidelines.
- Delegates safely and appropriately to other team members to accomplish direct patient care or support activities. Makes decisions based upon acuity/complexity of activity; competency of the recipient; ability to supervise; and scope of practice.
Valid Louisiana license or temporary permit to practice professional nursing.
American Heart Association BLS-HCP.
- Bachelor' s (Preferred)
Call Tez Williams at 972-534-0020 Ext 105
Meet Your Recruiter
Clinical Recruitment Manager
Tez has been with CornerStone Medical since November 2017. He has spent ten years in the healthcare industry, the last two years as a healthcare recruiter. He developed skills for recruiting, training and managing pipelines of 10-50 clinicians at a time while working for Fortune 500 companies. He also gained experience working multiple verticals within the healthcare industry such as allied health, clinical and non-clinical.
As the Clinical Recruitment Manager, his main objective is to locate talented clinicians who are amazing at what they do and match them with their dream jobs. He serves his candidates to the best of his ability, always going the extra mile to locate the best career opportunities in the marketplace. He once even brought a can of gas to a travel nurse stuck on the side of the road on the FIRST day of her assignment!
Tez graduated from Northwestern State University in Louisiana with a Bachelor of Science.