Registered Nurse (RN) - CVOR Supervisor - Pediatric Open Heart
Dallas, TX 75230
Registered Nurse (RN) - CVOR - Peds - Sign On Bonus!
We are currently looking for an experienced CVOR Pediactric (Open Heart) RN (Registered Nurse) for an award winning acute care facility in Dallas, TX. The CVOR Pediactric (Open Heart) RN (Registered Nurse) is responsible for performing direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Open Heart Surgery Patients/Surgical Services.
Requirements of the CVOR Pediactric (Open Heart) RN (Registered Nurse):
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual OR patients
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver
- Participate in Surgical Services specific initiatives and process improvement
- Promote a supportive OR environment
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses and/or nurse externs
- Maintain high quality (age specific) care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients as assigned
- Support the mission, vision and values of the organization
- Provides pre and post-surgical care of patients ranging from infant to geriatrics who will have (or have had) general anesthesia, epidural/spinal anesthesia and IV sedation
- Monitors all patients for airway and pain management
- Proficient in interpretation of EKG changes, lab values and hemodynamic monitoring
- Provides care to patients receiving high-risk intravenous therapies and blood components
- Performs direct patient care in the peri-operative patient with duties related in developing a surgical plan of care throughout the continuum
- Following competency verification; may perform and monitor conscious sedation and blood/blood products administration
- Propose the plan of care for pre and post-operative/pre and post-procedure patient
Benefits of the CVOR Pediactric (Open Heart) RN (Registered Nurse):
- Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
- Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
- Nursing Career Ladder and much more
Chat with a Recruiter Now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/413338
Clinical Recruitment Manager
As the Clinical Recruitment Manager for CornerStone Medical, Erica provides a custom, specialized candidate experience while making her hiring managers needs a top priority. After attending the University of New Mexico, where she focused on business administration, she learned the art of recruiting to help people obtain their dream career by linking them with premier facilities.
Erica has over ten years of recruitment and staffing experience, with the last six years focused on healthcare. She has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies including, IBM where she was responsible for staffing the United Healthcare account, before becoming a corporate recruiter for Cornerstone Healthcare Group. While at CHG she was responsible for clinical, allied health, administrative and executive level positions for 26 acute care facilities nationwide.