2600 St Michael Dr Texarkana, TX 75503
Travel assignment - 13 Weeks
CornerStone Medical is looking for a highly trained and skilled Radiation Therapist for a premier Hospital facility in Texarkana, Tx. The therapist is responsible accurately delivering prescribed ionizing therapeutic radiation under the direction of a Radiation Oncologist using a variety of complex techniques and equipment.
Job Description of Radiation Therapist:
- Blocked Scheduling
- Treating 35-45 patients per day
- Performs other duties as assigned Implements treatment prescription and treatment plan as directed by the Radiation Oncologist
- Reviews EMR system (i.e., 2 LINACS (1 TruBeam)) for correct patient identification, prescription, treatment parameters, and treatment plan before commencing patient treatment
- Prepares equipment such as immobilization, treatment, and protection devices, and positions patient according to the prescription and plan of treatment
- Administer prescribed doses of radiation to patients specific body parts
- Orientation is a 2 days computer based training, and 2 shifts orientation to unit.
- Assists the RSD / Lead Therapist with therapist weekly chart checks
- Assists the RSD / Lead Therapist with initial chart checks on all new patients or new treatment fields prior to treatment
Requirements of Radiation Therapist:
- 2+ years of RECENT experience in Radiation and previous travel experience required
- BLS/ ACLS/ ASRT
- EMR Experience
- Royal Blue Scrubs
Assistant Clinical Recruitment Manager
Tez has been with CornerStone Medical since November 2017. He has spent ten years in the healthcare industry, the last two years as a healthcare recruiter. He developed skills for recruiting, training and managing pipelines of 10-50 clinicians at a time while working for Fortune 500 companies. He also gained experience working multiple verticals within the healthcare industry such as allied health, clinical and non-clinical.
As the Assistant Clinical Recruitment Manager, his main objective is to locate talented clinicians who are amazing at what they do and match them with their dream jobs. He serves his candidates to the best of his ability, always going the extra mile to locate the best career opportunities in the marketplace. He once even brought a can of gas to a travel nurse stuck on the side of the road on the FIRST day of her assignment!
Tez graduated from Northwestern State University in Louisiana with a Bachelor of Science.