Registered Nurse (RN)- Med/Surg Unit
455 St. Michaels Drive Santa Fe, NM 87505
Registered Nurse- Med/Surg Unit
12 week contract- Nights
Santa Fe, New Mexico
The Registered Nurse is a clinical practitioner who coordinates and implements patient care specific to the age of the patient population served on the assigned units. He/she ensures that quality care is provided in an efficient and safe manner, consistent with the unit' s standards of care. He/she demonstrates performance consistent with the mission, philosophy and goals of the unit and organization. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice. Treats staff, physicians, patients and families with consideration and respect.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Nursing.
- Current New Mexico RN license or current Compact state license.
- BLS Certification required or within 2 weeks of hire date. All other required certifications must be obtained within 6 months of hire date. If nurse has the required certifications at time of hire, they must maintain the certifications and will not have a grace period to renew.
- Minimum 2 years of Med Surg experience in acute care setting
- Current knowledge and skills appropriate to age/type of patient population served.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to patients' rights in the delivery of care.
- Communicates in a clear concise manner appropriate to the developmental age of patient.
- Responsible to: Patient Care Director or Manager
Works in a clean, well lighted, ventilated smoke-free environment. Subject to stressful professional relationships. Working hours are varied, with flexibility due to unexpected changes in schedule and emergencies.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to handle emergency/crisis situations, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing and walking. Requires heavy physical effort to position, push and/or transfer patients or equipment and supplies. Requires considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. Ability to judge distance and space relationships, see peripherally, distinguish and identify different colors. Hearing and visual acuity within normal or correctable limits. Manual dexterity and fine motor coordination required.
Assistant Clinical Recruitment Manager
Tez has been with CornerStone Medical since November 2017. He has spent ten years in the healthcare industry, the last two years as a healthcare recruiter. He developed skills for recruiting, training and managing pipelines of 10-50 clinicians at a time while working for Fortune 500 companies. He also gained experience working multiple verticals within the healthcare industry such as allied health, clinical and non-clinical.
As the Assistant Clinical Recruitment Manager, his main objective is to locate talented clinicians who are amazing at what they do and match them with their dream jobs. He serves his candidates to the best of his ability, always going the extra mile to locate the best career opportunities in the marketplace. He once even brought a can of gas to a travel nurse stuck on the side of the road on the FIRST day of her assignment!
Tez graduated from Northwestern State University in Louisiana with a Bachelor of Science.