Physician Office Representative - Part Time
2460 North IH 35E Waxahachie, TX 75165
We are looking for a highly professional and trained Physician Office Representative for a busy family medical center in Waxahachie, TX.
Ideal candidates are punctual, dependable, flexible, detail oriented and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment. This is a temp to perm - part time opportunity. Hours: Monday - Friday 10am-4pm with rotating Saturdays
- Assists with patient registration duties by collecting and verifying patient demographics and insurance information, entering changes into the system and photocopying appropriate documentation
- Accepts payments for physician/clinic services according to established guidelines. Posts payments and enters charges into computer utilizing appropriate ICS9 and CPT4 codes.
- Schedules, confirms and verifies patient appointments. Arranges follow-up visits and referral appointments. Pulls chart and prints charge ticket for daily schedule.
- Receives and directs phone calls. Assists patients and other visitors. Responds to routine inquires concerning practice services, hours of operation, etc.
- Assists with medical records duties by pulling charts for scheduled and walk-in appointments, prescription refills and other requests. May also copy medical records chart for patient transfers and referrals.
- Verifies patient insurance information by calling appropriate insurance company. Copies the patient' s insurance card for medical records. Obtains patient referral and authorization for insurance company.
- Completes lab and x-ray requisitions as needed.
- Enters hospital charges for physicians who have patients admitted to the hospital.
- High School Diploma
- Certified Medical Assistant (Certification) highly preferred
- Must be humble and have a warm and welcoming attitude
- Have superior customer service experience
- Previous money handling experience
- 2+ years of previous clinic experience required
- Prior EMR experience
Clinical Recruitment Manager
As the Clinical Recruitment Manager for CornerStone Medical, Erica provides a custom, specialized candidate experience while making her hiring managers needs a top priority. After attending the University of New Mexico, where she focused on business administration, she learned the art of recruiting to help people obtain their dream career by linking them with premier facilities.
Erica has over ten years of recruitment and staffing experience, with the last six years focused on healthcare. She has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies including, IBM where she was responsible for staffing the United Healthcare account, before becoming a corporate recruiter for Cornerstone Healthcare Group. While at CHG she was responsible for clinical, allied health, administrative and executive level positions for 26 acute care facilities nationwide.