106 S Pine St Hugh Spring, TX 75656
• The EMT-Paramedic is responsible for administering appropriate emergency medical treatment to people who have been injured in accidents or have other medical conditions. Must be able to operate an advanced life support ambulance to administer care. Routinely assist with the inspection of the ambulance and related equipment to ensure proper operation and sanitary cleanliness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties include:
• Respond to the site of life-threatening situations, emergency medical situations and non-emergency calls.
• Coordinate response activities with physicians to develop a plan of care based upon the assessment of the patient.
• Lead a team of responders by coordinating activities to conduct triage, develop treatment plans, administer medical care and prepare patient for transport to medical facility.
• Insure the proper functioning of all emergency medical equipment and vehicles through regular checks;
insure adequate inventory supply is maintained aboard emergency vehicles through regular checks.
• Assist in the cleaning of station locations.
• Interact with firefighters, law enforcement and other non-medical personnel at emergency scenes.
• Perform related administrative tasks; completes necessary State and local paperwork; prepare detailed documentation of patient care.
• Handle hazardous materials and ensure appropriate disposal in hazardous materials. Ensure compliance to all OSHA regulations for Infection Control, Hazardous Materials Standards, and all job related duties.
• Respond to multiple casualty incidents and disasters and provide appropriate medical oversight, triage, care, and transport in coordination with other responders.
• Participate in periodic in-service training or as needed basis for any certified and non-certified updates relating to Emergency Medical Services and federal, State, and local EMT-P requirements.
• Operate and utilize an ambulance and related medical care response equipment and tools needed in response situations.
• Make decisions that conform to the norms, policies, and values of Champion EMS and adhere to federal, state, and local compliance and policy requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job position.
• Education and Experience –
? High school diploma or equivalent preferred; and completion of approved EMT Paramedic Training
? Minimum of one year of experience in EMT-P duties and responsibilities preferred.
? Experience and/or training all required medical equipment and tools as it relates to job duties.
• Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, medical documents, and procedure manuals necessary to administer safe, effective, and excellent patient care. Ability to document medical information as needed and required.
• Mathematical Skills – Ability to perform any math necessary to administer safe, effective, and excellent patient care.
• Computer Skills – Proficient personal computer skills with most current database and software applications needed to perform the essential duties of the job position.
• Reasoning Ability – Able to prioritize, organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Must never have been fined, excluded from, or have had any restitution obligations from a federal health care program, or any governing agencies overseeing the operations of Champion EMS. Current certification from Texas Department of Health as a Texas EMT Paramedic. Must possess and keep current a Texas EMT-P license, Class C Texas Driver’ s license, and CPR certification. At hire, or after Champion designated period of time, must have and keep current ACLS, PALS, BTLS, and EVOC certifications.
The following describes working conditions, in general. The Physical / Environmental Demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job duties described in this job description.
• Physical / Environmental Demands - While performing the duties of this job, the employee may require the ability to:
Enter, exit, and sit frequently (> 50% of time) in an Ambulance up to 100% of the time in travel by land;
Frequently (> 50% of time) speak and hear effectively in team and/or one-on-one conversations;
Frequently (> 50% of time) walk, stand, squat, bend, kneel, climb, push, and pull;
Frequently (> 50% of time) use hands; reach with hands and arms – overhead and other; and
Frequently (> 50% of time) lift/carry patients up to an average of 175 pounds.
Clinical Recruitment Manager
As the Clinical Recruitment Manager for CornerStone Medical, Erica provides a custom, specialized candidate experience while making her hiring managers needs a top priority. After attending the University of New Mexico, where she focused on business administration, she learned the art of recruiting to help people obtain their dream career by linking them with premier facilities.
Erica has over ten years of recruitment and staffing experience, with the last six years focused on healthcare. She has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies including, IBM where she was responsible for staffing the United Healthcare account, before becoming a corporate recruiter for Cornerstone Healthcare Group. While at CHG she was responsible for clinical, allied health, administrative and executive level positions for 26 acute care facilities nationwide.