PCU Registered Nurse -RN
3901 West 15th Street , suite 112 Plano, TX 75075 US
- Full-time Days- 7A-7P (rotating weekends)
- Full-time Nights - 7P-7A (rotating weekends)
Our Progressive Care Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care, in the most compassionate way. Our 35-bed ICU Stepdown unit provides healing to general intermediate care patients needing a higher level of skilled nursing care than on a Medical Surgical floor, but do not need an intensive level of care in the ICU. Our patient population includes post sheath removal, stroke, spine, peritoneal dialysis, cardiac drips and much more receiving care from our highly skilled RNs. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that cares like family.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- BSN Required
- With CNO approval: If no BSN Degree but have an ADN, a Tuition Free ADN to BSN program is a possibility! Online takes approx. a year!
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- ACLS and BLS
- PALS - within in 6 months
- Must have at least one (1) year RECENT Stepdown, Progressive Care, PCU or Intermediate Care RN experience in an acute care hospital - 2 Years is preferred
- 1 year of PCU Experience Required (2 preferred).
- Must have basic Drip and basic EKG Knowledge
- 28 Bed CCU - Includes SICU-MICU and CVICU
- 1:2 Ratio
- Critical Care Unit, patient ratio is 1:3 - 1:4 and will see all types of patients, Open Heart, Trauma, Burn, Vascular, Sepsis. Required to float through CCU, Burn and Trauma
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Meet Your Recruiter
Clinical Recruitment Manager
Chance has over 6 years in the Healthcare Industry, working many different positions from CMA to Hyperbaric Technologist throughout both clinical and Hospital settings. Most recently he made the transition to healthcare recruiter, where he is utilizing his outgoing personality and love of giving back, to help others like himself throughout the Medical Field. Chance gained his skills in healthcare and business by obtaining a Bachelors in Biology then continued his education by earning a Masters in Business Administration with a focus in Healthcare Administration and Management.
As a Clinical Recruitment Manager, Chance is focused on providing the best possible experience for both client and candidate. He regularly builds and maintains strong relationships while helping to provide every candidate with the best opportunities possible. By having personal experience of what it’s like to work in the industry, Chance understands what it takes to be successful and is the perfect advocate to have in your corner!