Medical Scheduler/Insurance Verification Coordinator
1411 North Beckley AveÂ Pavilion III Dallas, TX 75203
CornerStone Medical is looking for a skilled Medical Scheduler/Insurance Verification Specialist for a busy Pain Management clinic in Dallas Tx. The Specialist is responsible for scheduling patients appointments for office and other clinical setting visits. Also Pre-certify procedures with commercial and workers compensation insurance. This is a temporary to permanent assignment
Responsibilities of the Medical Scheduler/Insurance Verification Coordinator:
- Makes patient appointments and enters into scheduling software. Maintains schedules as directed.
- Answers telephone and checks voice mail messages and returns calls.
- Sets up radiology appointments when necessary in conjunction with procedures being done. Arranges other facility time and services when necessary for procedures.
- Reschedules appointments at patient and provider request.
- Notifies referring physicians when patients do not come to scheduled appointments.
- Answers questions regarding patient appointments and testing
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Talks with providers and management about scheduling issues, offering resolutions to those issues.
- Shares information about patient needs with other staff.
- Pre-cert procedures with commercial insurance providers.
- Workers Compensation authorizations.
- Places calls to insurance carriers to verify patient’ s insurance information and verifies information online, if applicable.
- Makes the corresponding corrections to incorrect data, as needed.
- Enter demographics into the patient accounting system.
- Handles Insurance Referrals.
- Select and enter the proper Insurance Payer by product and zip code.
- Pre-certifies MRI, CT and other radiological procedures for patients when required by insurance or worker’ s compensation.
- Verifies new patient worker’ s compensation accounts before the patient is scheduled to verify what areas are compensable and if there are disputes are peer reviews and treating physician information.
- Maintain daily logs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Medical Scheduler/Insurance Verification Coordinator:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- 2 year of experience in a healthcare business office required
- Prior Insurance experience in a healthcare organization
- Dexterity to type 35-50 wpm required
- Skilled in computer applications including MS word and MS excel required
Text @ 972-435-6525
Assistant Clinical Recruitment Manager
Tez has been with CornerStone Medical since November 2017. He has spent ten years in the healthcare industry, the last two years as a healthcare recruiter. He developed skills for recruiting, training and managing pipelines of 10-50 clinicians at a time while working for Fortune 500 companies. He also gained experience working multiple verticals within the healthcare industry such as allied health, clinical and non-clinical.
As the Assistant Clinical Recruitment Manager, his main objective is to locate talented clinicians who are amazing at what they do and match them with their dream jobs. He serves his candidates to the best of his ability, always going the extra mile to locate the best career opportunities in the marketplace. He once even brought a can of gas to a travel nurse stuck on the side of the road on the FIRST day of her assignment!
Tez graduated from Northwestern State University in Louisiana with a Bachelor of Science.