Medical Collections Clerk
1600 Waters Ridge Dr Lewisville, TX 75057
We are currently looking for an experienced medical collections clerk with strong background in medical billing and collections. The medical collection clerk is responsible for the collection of monies owed to the company by patients and insurance companies.
- Account follow-up necessary to receive the expected reimbursement from all payer sources, through routine review of outstanding accounts, correction and re submission of denied claims.
- Identify delinquent accounts; perform collection actions including contacting patient or resubmitting claims to third party for reimbursement.
- Work with collections team to ensure that all accounts are collected in full.
- Review accounts for possible assignment to collection agency.
- Ensure that all information regarding collection activity is entered accurately into the billing system
- Patient Statement - Review Guarantor accounts for accuracy prior to sending out monthly statements.
- Document all patient contact and insurance follow up procedures into system; update as necessary to ensure information is accurate and up to date.
- Analyze, resolve and resubmit rejected/underpaid claims for payment.
- Identify and resolve patient billing complaints.
- Attend continuing education programs as assigned by manager.
- Timely follow-up of outstanding accounts.
- Responsible for accuracy of “ Insurance Overpayment Requests” by insurance companies; Appeal incorrect Refund Requests.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years of prior medical collections experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience in ICD and CPT coding.
- Knowledge of Fair Debt Collector Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Able to problem solve, plan and organize
- Posses strong customer service and mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Clinical Recruitment Manager
As the Clinical Recruitment Manager for CornerStone Medical, Erica provides a custom, specialized candidate experience while making her hiring managers needs a top priority. After attending the University of New Mexico, where she focused on business administration, she learned the art of recruiting to help people obtain their dream career by linking them with premier facilities.
Erica has over ten years of recruitment and staffing experience, with the last six years focused on healthcare. She has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies including, IBM where she was responsible for staffing the United Healthcare account, before becoming a corporate recruiter for Cornerstone Healthcare Group. While at CHG she was responsible for clinical, allied health, administrative and executive level positions for 26 acute care facilities nationwide.