Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
1511 FM 407/Justin Rd Lewisville, TX 75077
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
M-F - 10: 30am- 2: 30pm
CornerStone Medical is looking for a skilled Licensed Vocational Nurse for an Adult Daycare in Lewisville TX. The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for overseeing/providing basic care needs and life skills training to citizens with disabilities such as Down syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy, Asperger’ s, traumatic brain injury, and other intellectual and developmental disabilities. This is a part-time assignment
Pay: $21/per hr
- Performs all nursing functions within the score of standard practice for Licensed Vocational Nurses under the direction of each client' s personal physician.
- Assigns personal care services to Program Assistants based on client assessments of needs.
- Supports and jointly supervises assistants and other personnel who have direct contact with clients to assure safe and proper care.
- Assess and records each client' s nursing, nutritional and personal care needs.
- Assists in developing client’ s plan of care based on data collected during assessment of client’ s problems and needs.
- Coordinates the client’ s plan of care with the Director of Program Services.
- Assists in coordinating health care services with other community providers.
- Assists in providing discharge planning and alternate care arrangements.
- Serves as a liaison between client and family or other professionals in order to assist client in obtaining goals as specified on plan of care.
- Maintains communications with the client’ s family or other responsible parties.
- Maintains required records, reports, and files according to program policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all client services are conducted in a safe manner using principles of quality assurance and infection control.
- Attends in-service programs, care plan conferences, and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Assists in Program related activities and participates in the program plans.
- Registers and processes monthly progress notes on required activity logs and maintaining weekly HCS documentation.
- Ensures proper management of all Special Abilities of North Texas functions in the absence of the CEO and COO as directed.
- Serves as a lead staff member and presents a positive image and approach at all times with all students, clients, parents, families, caregivers, volunteers, visitors.
- Physically able to assist clients with transfers and ambulation
- Must be able to communicate and deal with behaviors exhibited by clients including those that show varying degrees of dementia or mental retardation.
- Must demonstrate proper body mechanics in client transfer and ambulating assistance.
- Must project a positive attitude and proactive approach to clients’ needs and development.
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively.
- Provide documentation of any certificates of licenses.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- At least 1 year of experience in medical or community health nursing.
- Maintains and provides current CPR certifications.
Assistant Clinical Recruitment Manager
Tez has been with CornerStone Medical since November 2017. He has spent ten years in the healthcare industry, the last two years as a healthcare recruiter. He developed skills for recruiting, training and managing pipelines of 10-50 clinicians at a time while working for Fortune 500 companies. He also gained experience working multiple verticals within the healthcare industry such as allied health, clinical and non-clinical.
As the Assistant Clinical Recruitment Manager, his main objective is to locate talented clinicians who are amazing at what they do and match them with their dream jobs. He serves his candidates to the best of his ability, always going the extra mile to locate the best career opportunities in the marketplace. He once even brought a can of gas to a travel nurse stuck on the side of the road on the FIRST day of her assignment!
Tez graduated from Northwestern State University in Louisiana with a Bachelor of Science.