845 Regent Blvd Irving, TX 75063 US
Temp to Hire
CornerStone Medical is looking for a Licensed Pharmacist for a fortune 500 company in Irving, Texas in a state of the art facility!
- Under general supervision, compounds and dispenses medications, drugs, and other medications according to professional standards and practices.
- Prepares and maintains all necessary records on prescriptions, patient charges and inventory.
- Prepares and dispenses medication orders.
- Checks all orders for insurance approval before admixing. Admixes drugs as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner as per department guidelines, and preparing all drugs within OSHA guidelines and interoffice guidelines.
- Checks all prescriptions for completeness. Calculates correct dosages, converting between metric and apothecary equivalents.
- Organizes and directs technician's workflow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and patients. Provides and documents drug counseling to all patients.
- Ensures all legal and professional requirements are adhered to, including controlled substances.
- Participates in pharmacy teaching and in-service programs.
- Properly disposes all materials used when mixing chemo or non-chemo IVs. Cleans hood daily and in between I.V. admixturing.
- Logs and dates all drugs that are being used. Checks drugs monthly for outdates. Keeps accurate temperature logs. Keeps accurate logs on all protocol drugs and patient assistance drugs.
Ensures that standard drug supplies are in adequate supply in all departments.
- Receives new drug education from drug representatives; remains abreast of new information.
- Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients and medical staff.
- Prepares reports and monitoring activities as directed.
- Competitive Pay
- Weekly Pay - Get Paid Every Friday!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Quick and Easy Start Process
- MUST ALSO PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND TEST & DRUG SCREENING
Meet Your Recruiter
Clinical Recruitment Manager
Mirielle has always known that the healthcare industry was where she was meant to be. She graduated from Texas A&M in 2014 with a BS in Kinesiology. Post grad, she went on to further her education and became a Registered Dental Hygienist. However, she felt that her calling was to reach more medical professionals – which brought her to medical recruiting. She loves building and maintaining relationships with candidates and clients in order to find the perfect match for everyone. Mirielle stays active with volunteering for an animal rescue and spending time with her husband, dog and family & friends!