Certified Medical Coder - REMOTE - FT
5128 Apache Plume Rd. Suite 400 Fort Worth, TX 76109
Fort Worth, TX
We are looking for an experienced and highly trained Certified Medical Coder for a premier client in Fort Worth, TX. The ideal candidate is extremely detailed oriented, has proven sharp accuracy record and has 5+ years of working with workers compensation claims.This position is heavily focused on auditing and reviewing previously coded claims to determine coding accuracy for multiple states.
Candidates MUST be in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area.
- Determine validity and comprehensibility of the claim using client proprietary programs
- Make recommendations to referring office
- Communicate claim status with referring office
- Read and comprehend all medical reports
- Adhere to client and carrier guidelines
- Assists other claims professionals with more complex or problematic claims as necessary
- Additional duties/responsibilities as assigned
- Comply with all safety rules/regulations, in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), as well as, maintain HIPAA compliance
- Current AAPC or AHIMA certification
- Certification as CPC with the AAPC or CCS with the AHIMA
- High School diploma, or equivalent
- Current or recent orthopedic billing/coding experience
- E/M coding/down-coding experience
- Pain Management/Anesthesia/General Surgery coding experience is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations, and use critical and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to think and work independently, while working in an overall team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Outlook
Clinical Recruitment Manager
As the Clinical Recruitment Manager for CornerStone Medical, Erica provides a custom, specialized candidate experience while making her hiring managers needs a top priority. After attending the University of New Mexico, where she focused on business administration, she learned the art of recruiting to help people obtain their dream career by linking them with premier facilities.
Erica has over ten years of recruitment and staffing experience, with the last six years focused on healthcare. She has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies including, IBM where she was responsible for staffing the United Healthcare account, before becoming a corporate recruiter for Cornerstone Healthcare Group. While at CHG she was responsible for clinical, allied health, administrative and executive level positions for 26 acute care facilities nationwide.