Certified Medical Assistant - No Weekends, Great Pay! Mon - Thurs 8a -4:30p & Friday 8a - 2p
5220 W University Dr Bldg 1 McKinney, TX 75071
Certified Medical Assistant - Immediate Start, Great Pay!
Pay Rate: $15/hrly
CornerStone Medical is looking for dedicated Certified Medical Assistant for a Family Medicine clinic in Mckinney Tx. The ideal candidate is punctual, dependable, detail oriented and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment. This is a temp to permanent position.
Responsibilities of the Certified Medical Assistant:
- Assists patients from waiting room; and prepares patient for examination in a timely and courteous manner.
- Collects and records assessment data as directed by the physician.
- Performs and assists with patient procedures in a professional manner.
- Collects and labels specimens properly, and delivers them to the laboratory in a timely manner.
- Participates in education and performance improvement activities, as needed.
- Takes responsibility to participate in performance improvement activities as they are available.
- Schedule, confirm and verify patient appointments and insurance information, and receive and direct phone calls, patients, and other visitors.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Certified Medical Assistant Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certified
- 2+ years of Medical Assistant experience
- Strong Front/Back Office experience
- Strong Ortho experience (Preferred)
- Strong Family Practice experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge and utilization of EMR (EPIC)
- Experience with Insurance verification
- Great Customer service experience
Assistant Clinical Recruitment Manager
Tez has been with CornerStone Medical since November 2017. He has spent ten years in the healthcare industry, the last two years as a healthcare recruiter. He developed skills for recruiting, training and managing pipelines of 10-50 clinicians at a time while working for Fortune 500 companies. He also gained experience working multiple verticals within the healthcare industry such as allied health, clinical and non-clinical.
As the Assistant Clinical Recruitment Manager, his main objective is to locate talented clinicians who are amazing at what they do and match them with their dream jobs. He serves his candidates to the best of his ability, always going the extra mile to locate the best career opportunities in the marketplace. He once even brought a can of gas to a travel nurse stuck on the side of the road on the FIRST day of her assignment!
Tez graduated from Northwestern State University in Louisiana with a Bachelor of Science.