Certified Medical Assistant - (Part-Time) M,Tue, F 8am- 5pm (EKG/Cardiology Exp Required)
4421 Long Prairie Road Suite 200 Flower Mound, TX 75028
Flower Mound and Denton, TX
Pay Rate: Up to $17/hrly
CornerStone Medical is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant for an advanced cardiac electrophysiology clinic in Flower Mound and Denton Tx. The ideal candidate is punctual, dependable, detail oriented and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Candidate will work in Flower Mound and Denton (Will travel between the locations as needed). This is a part-time position.
Responsibilities of the Certified Medical Assistant:
- Assists patients from waiting room; and prepares patient for examination in a timely and courteous manner.
- Collects and records assessment data as directed by the physician.
- Performs and assists with patient procedures in a professional manner.
- Collects and labels specimens properly, and delivers them to the laboratory in a timely manner.
- Participates in education and performance improvement activities, as needed.
- Takes responsibility to participate in performance improvement activities as they are available.
- Schedule, confirm and verify patient appointments and insurance information, and receive and direct phone calls, patients, and other visitors.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Certified Medical Assistant Certification
- Excellent cardiac medical knowledge and phlebotomy certification
- CPR Certified
- 2+ years of Medical Assistant experience
- Strong EKG/Cardiology experience
- Knowledge and utilization of EMR and insurance verification
As the Administrative Assistant for CornerStone Medical, Brittni provides the critical support needed to run our day to day operation. Brittni is in charge of candidate on-boarding ensuring that all healthcare professionals credentialing documents are relevant and in compliance for the specific position they are working. Brittni is originally from Memphis TN where she graduated from Remington College as a Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant. She has worked in the medical field for many years in support roles such as medical assistant, medical receptionist, administrator and care giver.