6001 Summerside Dr Dallas, TX 75252
We are looking for an energetic and experienced RN for a girls summer camp in Denison, TX. This is a 7 week camp starting 6/16 - 8/1 working with girls ages 6-13.
- Establishes and implements general sanitation and safety practices throughout camp, including dining hall and units.
- Stimulates and promotes interest in basic cleanliness, health education, and safety practices.
- Checks incoming campers’ health history forms; notifies staff members of health precautions of campers and staff when indicated while maintaining compliance with HIPAA
- Conducts health screenings for all campers upon arrival and for staff during staff training.
- Monitors staff and camper health care.
- Secures and dispenses as required all medications to campers and staff.
- Evaluates health care incidents and provides first aid treatment or seek appropriate outside medical assistance.
- Carries out health care procedures and standing orders as designated by camp doctor on call.
- Maintains required records of medical treatments, accident reports, insurance claims, and health histories/exams, to include daily treatment log, health department reports, and incident and injury reports as appropriate and forward to appropriate party according to agreed upon schedule;
- Review unit first aid logs daily for potential follow up.
- Maintains first aid equipment and supplies for units, kitchen, waterfront and key locations in camp; provides first aid equipment and information necessary for the health and safety of campers and staff while engaged in camp program.
- Maintains infirmary facility.
- Serves as and is responsible for being a role model for campers in behavior and attitude while following the Girl Scout Promise and Law and camp procedures.
- Identifies potential situations that may be a hazard to camper and staff health and wellness, and takes appropriate measures to mitigate.
- Follows established emergency procedures when required
- Experience and certification in first aid and CPR
- Current license/certification as a RN
- Ability to spend extended periods on-site and to adapt to camp life, which includes
- spending periods of time outdoors and working with limited supplies and facilities
- Knowledge of and ability to work with children and adults and to inspire confidence in children and staff in the camp setting
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in an emergency
- Keen attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to function as part of a team and adapt to group living situation
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Must stay onsite at camp until all campers/staff checked out and dismissed by Camp Director
- Demonstrate and promote a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to coworkers, the volunteers served by this council, and others with whom her/his job puts her/him in contact
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Adheres to the GSNETX’ s equal opportunity and non-discrimination policies, which ensure that there will be no discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, creed, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, or age.
- Must hold membership in the Girl Scout organization and subscribe to the tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, before and after hours, and on weekends, when required.
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check.
Clinical Recruitment Manager
As the Clinical Recruitment Manager for CornerStone Medical, Erica provides a custom, specialized candidate experience while making her hiring managers needs a top priority. After attending the University of New Mexico, where she focused on business administration, she learned the art of recruiting to help people obtain their dream career by linking them with premier facilities.
Erica has over ten years of recruitment and staffing experience, with the last six years focused on healthcare. She has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies including, IBM where she was responsible for staffing the United Healthcare account, before becoming a corporate recruiter for Cornerstone Healthcare Group. While at CHG she was responsible for clinical, allied health, administrative and executive level positions for 26 acute care facilities nationwide.