Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Family Practice
511 FM 544, Ste 204 Murphy, TX 75094
CornerStone Medical is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant for a Family Practice clinic in Murphy, Tx. The ideal candidate is punctual, dependable, detail oriented and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment. This is a temporary to permanent.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8a-5p
Rotating weekends: Sat 9a-2p, Sun 1p-4p
Responsibilities of the Certified Medical Assistant:
- Assists patients from waiting room; and prepares patient for examination in a timely and courteous manner.
- Collects and records assessment data as directed by the physician.
- Performs and assists with patient procedures in a professional manner.
- Collects and labels specimens properly, and delivers them to the laboratory in a timely manner.
- Participates in education and performance improvement activities, as needed.
- Takes responsibility to participate in performance improvement activities as they are available.
- Schedule, confirm and verify patient appointments and insurance information, and receive and direct phone calls, patients, and other visitors.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Certified Medical Assistant Certification
- Excellent cardiac medical knowledge and phlebotomy certification
- CPR Certified
- 2+ years of Medical Assistant experience
- Knowledge and utilization of EMR and insurance verification
- REQUIRED a BLS issued by the AHA (American Heart Association)
- Have to be able to pass behavioral assessment
- Family Practice exp is preferred but not required
- EKG experience preferred but not required